Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Recital

Following is a poem I wrote about two years ago. I found it while looking through stuff I had written over the past couple years and thought, "this is pretty good." Good enough that I thought I would put it up on my blog!


The Recital
There are few people
and yet enough. 
I want people to listen to our music, 
But still, the fewer, the better. 
We are next to last
and our turn finally comes. 
With throbbing heart and shaking fingers,
We make our way towards the front. 
I set my fingers on the piano, 
Forcing, hoping, that they would settle. 
Our fingers ripple over the keys, 
Happy to have something to do. 
I think that I will calm down after I get into it, 
but,
as the applause starts
I'm still shaking.

Hope you enjoyed!

-Andre

6 comments:

  1. i would never be able to do a piano recital :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had to because you have a mean mom, right?

    But you never told me that you wrote this great poem after the duet! Nice job! (Who'd you say your teacher was then?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that notebook we had to write in every day? I wrote it in there.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Andre! See what other treasures you have written that we might want to read. Blogging is easier for us journal writers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...